Michael Graham Bible
An 18th Century Bible, belonging to Scott Family ancestor Michael Graham, was inherited by Margaret Graham Scott (1822-1892). Eventually this bible was donated to Washington & Lee University Library by the family of Anderson Hughes (Jim) Scott, in the early 1980’s. Brought from Ireland by Michael Graham, the bible was used by Rector William Graham, son of Michael, when he served as the University’s first Rector. In the days during and following the American Revolution, Washington & Lee University was known as Liberty Hall. The Michael Graham Bible was loaned to the Scott Collection for an exhibit which ran from September 17 – November 8, 2011. Graham descendants from across the southeast came to view the display.
Exhibition Dates: September – November 2011