Contribute to the Scott Family Collection
The Scott Collection welcomes contributions to the collection. Several of the ways you can contribute are listed below:
- Docents –
The Scott Collection docents give guided tours of the Collection to individuals and groups. Docents must participate in our training program. The docent schedule and newsletter for the current month are posted below
- Special Program Volunteers
Many of the Scott Collection special programs such as exhibit openings and lectures are made possible through the efforts of volunteers who assist with all aspects of the planning and execution of these events.
- Researchers work in the Scott Collection Archives, assisting with the general organization and upkeep of the Archives and helping users with specific research questions.
Contributions to Oral Histories
To share your memories and recollections of the Scott Family or special events connected to the Scott family, please contact the curator to arrange an interview.
Contributions of artifacts/photographs/documents
Contact the Scott Collection curator to receive information on donating items to the collection. All gifts pertaining to the Scott Family Collection are considered.
Some of the current needs of the collection are listed below:
- Melville Dairy advertising art
- Melville Dairy milk bottles (glass, cardboard, and plastic containers)
- Hopalong Cassidy collectibles
- Political memorabilia from the Scott Family
- Photographs of 19th and 20th Century Hawfields community events
Give Online – Click Here
You can use the Givebutter website to make financial contributions to the Scott Family Collection through the Alamance Community College Foundation. Contributions are used for the upkeep and maintenance of the collection, exhibits, kiosks and this website.