The Carrington-Scott campus of Alamance Community College is situated on land formerly owned by the descendants of Robert Walter Scott (1861-1929). In 1971, Elizabeth Scott Carrington and then Governor Robert W. “Bob” Scott, her nephew, donated 48 acres of land to the Technical Institute of Alamance (later renamed Alamance Community College). Following several years of discussion between family members and the college administration, the Scott Collection became a reality in 1999. Space was allocated in the Gee Building to serve as a repository for the archival collection. Scott Family members and friends began donating artifacts, photographs, and documents to the Scott Collection at the Learning Resources Center of Alamance Community College. In June 2006 the Scott Collection at Alamance Community College was officially dedicated.